Trip Terms and Conditions
SAGA TRIP AND EVENT AND CANCELLATION REFUND POLICY
In applying to participate in an event sponsored by SAGA Ski Club, I have read and agree to the following conditions:
- I understand that SAGA is a private non-profit club organized to coordinate various trips and events for the enjoyment of its members and their guests. Except for special promotions as designated by the SAGA Ski Club Executive Board, non members may not participate in ski trips;
- I understand that there is an annual membership fee, that payment of the fee must be submitted with my annual application for membership, and that annual membership is for 12 months from the date of purchase;
- I understand that all SAGA activities are planned, coordinated, and led by volunteer members of SAGA, and that as a member I am expected to volunteer during the year to help in the conducting of at least one event;
- I understand that SAGA conducts regular meetings from September through May, and that as a member I am expected to attend the meetings and must attend at least one meeting per year;
- I agree to abide by club regulations as outlined in the official SAGA Ski Club By-Laws;
- I agree to the Waiver and Release of Liability on the lower portion of this form and accept this waiver as a condition of participation;
- I agree that signing up for a trip or event is a commitment for full payment for the trip or event, that in the event that a trip is cancelled by me there shall be a 8% cancellation fee assessed against me plus any costs incurred by the club (to trip providers or otherwise) as a result of transferring or canceling my space on the trip, and that if the trip is not sold out or my space is not resold, any refund amount will be determined by the Board of SAGA after the financial closure of the trip, and shall be dependent upon SAGA covering all costs associated with the trip;
- I agree that if I sell a trip to another person, the new trip participant is responsible for the administrative costs imposed by service providers (such as airlines or hotels) for the change of reservations and that, if the trip is sold to a non-member, that person must pay dues, and complete the membership application and a signed release identical to this form, and these forms must be received by SAGA before SAGA will initiate the changes with service providers or permit the person to attend the trip;
- I understand that refunds are not generally made for non-trip events.
- I understand that trips are generally sold on a shared occupancy basis and all prices are per person. Shared occupancy means that there will be two (2), or more, people per room and persons may be required to share the same bed. It is the member’s responsibility to notify the Club regarding the sharing of condos, rooms, and beds. The Club will attempt to honor requests for condo, room, and bed mates, but can not guarantee requests. The Club has exclusive rights to make condo, room, and bedding assignments.
DISCLOSURES IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE CALIFORNIA SELLER OF TRAVEL
- SAGA Ski Club is a registered California Seller of Travel (CST 209112-40)
- Upon cancellation of the transportation or travel services, where the passenger is not at fault and has not canceled in violation of any terms and conditions previously clearly and conspicuously disclosed and agreed to by the passenger, all sums paid to SAGA Ski Club for services not provided will be promptly paid to the passenger, unless the passenger advises SAGA Ski Club in writing, after cancellation. This provision does not apply where SAGA Ski Club has remitted the payment to another registered wholesale seller of travel or a carrier, without obtaining a refund, and where the wholesaler or provider defaults in providing the agreed-upon transportation or service. In this situation, SAGA Ski Club must provide the passenger with a written statement accompanied by bank records establishing the disbursement of the payment, and if disbursed to a wholesale seller of travel, proof of current registration of that wholesaler.
- This transaction is covered by the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund (TCRF) if the passenger is located in California at the time of payment. Eligible passengers may file a claim with TCRF if the passenger is owed a refund of more than $50 for transportation or travel services which SAGA Ski Club failed to forward to a proper provider or such money was not refunded to you when required. The maximum amount which may be paid by the TCRF to any one passenger is the total amount paid on behalf of the passenger to the seller of travel, not to exceed $15,000. A claim must be submitted to the TCRF within 12 months after the scheduled completion date of the travel. A claim must include sufficient documentation to prove your claim and a $35 processing fee. Claimants must agree to waive their right to other civil remedies against a registered participating seller of travel for matters arising out of a sale for which you file a TCRF claim. You may request a claim form by writing to: Travel Consumer Restitution Corporation, P.O. Box 6001, Larkspur, CA 94977-6001
- If the Passenger(s) purchasing this trip is (are) from outside of California this transaction is not covered by the California Travel Restitution Fund.
SAGA WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY READ BEFORE SIGNING
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the SAGA Ski Club programs, related events and activities, I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the many of the activities is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SAGA Ski Club, their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
- I hereby certify that I am 21 years of age or older.
- I hereby agree to permit SAGA Los Angeles Board of Directors, Members, and Guests to take photographs and make film and digital records of SAGA meetings, social events, ski/board trips, and campouts without further recourse. I understand and agree that such photographs and/or film and digital records may be used for promotional purposes.