1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
2. MODIFICATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. You must review this agreement on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any changes.
You understand that all postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials (“Content”) posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Service, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for each individual item (“Item”) of Content that you post, email or otherwise make available via the Service. You understand that SAGA LA does not control, and is not responsible for Content made available through the Service, and that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. Furthermore, the SAGA LA site and Content available through the Service may contain links to other websites, which are completely independent of SAGA LA. SAGA LA makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any such site. Your linking to any other websites is at your own risk. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, that you may not rely on said Content, and that under no circumstances will SAGA LA be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Service. You acknowledge that SAGA LA does not pre-screen or approve Content, but that SAGA LA shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available via the Service, for violating the letter or spirit of the TOU or for any other reason.
4. THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SITES, AND SERVICES
The SAGA LA site and Content available through the Service may contain features and functionalities that may link you or provide you with access to third party content which is completely independent of SAGA LA, including web sites, directories, servers, networks, systems, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole.
Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
You agree that SAGA LA shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that SAGA LA is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release SAGA LA, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and / or our service. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
5. NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify SAGA LA’s agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement (“Agent”), at
Please provide the following Notice:
a) Identify the material on the SAGA LA site that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that we may locate it on the website;
b) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
c) A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (1) the above information in your Notice is accurate, and (2) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner;
d) Your address, telephone number, and email address; and
e) Your physical or electronic signature.
SAGA LA will remove the infringing posting(s), subject to the the procedures outlined in the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA).
6. PRIVACY AND INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Content:
a) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or is harmful to minors in any way;
b) that is pornographic or depicts a human being engaged in actual sexual conduct including but not limited to (i) sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex, or (ii) bestiality, or (iii) masturbation, or (iv) sadistic or masochistic abuse, or (v) lascivious exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of any person;
c) that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
d) that violates the Fair Housing Act by stating, in any notice or ad for the sale or rental of any dwelling, a discriminatory preference based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status or handicap (or violates any state or local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of these or other characteristics);
e) that violates federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws, including but not limited to, stating in any advertisement for employment a preference or requirement based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.
f) with respect to employers that employ four or more employees, that violates the anti-discrimination provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act, including requiring U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency (green card status) as a condition for employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state, or local government contract.
g) that impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a SAGA LA board member or representative, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity (this provision does not apply to Content that constitutes lawful non-deceptive parody of public figures.);
h) that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
i) that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, or constitutes “bait and switch”;
j) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
k) that constitutes or contains “affiliate marketing,” “link referral code,” “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or unsolicited commercial advertisement;
l) that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if: posted in areas of the SAGA LA sites which are not designated for such purposes; or emailed to SAGA LA users who have not indicated in writing that it is ok to contact them about other services, products or commercial interests.
m) that includes links to commercial services or web sites, except as allowed in “services”;
n) that advertises any illegal service or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by any applicable law, including without limitation items the sale of which is prohibited or regulated by California law.
o) that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
p) that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive amount of Content (flooding attack) to the Service, or that otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to use the Service; or
q) that employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through the Service.
Additionally, you agree not to:
r) contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted, or make unsolicited contact with anyone for any commercial purpose;
s) “stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
t) collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
u) use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from the Service – unless expressly permitted by SAGA LA;
v) post non-local or otherwise irrelevant Content, repeatedly post the same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
w) post the same item or service in more than one classified category or forum, or in more than one metropolitan area;
x) attempt to gain unauthorized access to SAGA LA’s computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Service or the SAGA LA website; or
y) use any form of automated device or computer program that enables the submission of postings on SAGA LA without each posting being manually entered by the author thereof (an “automated posting device”), including without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device to submit postings in bulk, or for automatic submission of postings at regular intervals.
8. POSTING AGENTS
A “Posting Agent” is a third-party agent, service, or intermediary that offers to post Content to the Service on behalf of others. To moderate demands on SAGA LA’s resources, you may not use a Posting Agent to post Content to the Service without express permission or license from SAGA LA. Correspondingly, Posting Agents are not permitted to post Content on behalf of others, to cause Content to be so posted, or otherwise access the Service to facilitate posting Content on behalf of others, except with express permission or
license from SAGA LA.
9. NO SPAM POLICY
You understand and agree that sending unsolicited email advertisements to SAGA LA email addresses or through SAGA LA computer systems, which is expressly prohibited by these Terms, will use or cause to be used servers located in California. Any unauthorized use of SAGA LA computer systems is a violation of these Terms and certain federal and state laws, including without limitation the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. Ã‚Â§ 1030 et seq.), Section 502 of the California Penal Code and Section 17538.45 of the California Business and Professions Code. Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties.
10. PAID POSTINGS
We may charge a fee to post Content in some areas of the Service. The fee is an access fee permitting Content to be posted in a designated area. Each party posting Content to the Service is responsible for said Content and compliance with the TOU. All fees paid will be non-refundable in the event that Content is removed from the Service for violating the TOU.
11. LIMITATIONS ON SERVICE
You acknowledge that SAGA LA may establish limits concerning use of the Service, including the maximum number of days that Content will be retained by the Service, the maximum number and size of postings, email messages, or other Content that may be transmitted or stored by the Service, and the frequency with which you may access the Service. You agree that SAGA LA has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that SAGA LA reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice, and that SAGA LA shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
12. ACCESS TO THE SERVICE
SAGA LA grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to access the Service for your own personal use. This license does not include: (a) access to the Service by Posting Agents; or (b) any collection, aggregation, copying, duplication, display or derivative use of the Service nor any use of data mining, robots, spiders, or similar data gathering and extraction tools for any purpose unless expressly permitted by SAGA LA. A limited exception to (b) is provided to general purpose internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use such tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Service, provided they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent and comply with our robots.txt file. “General purpose internet search engine” does not include a website or search engine or other service that specializes in classified listings or in any subset of classifieds listings such as jobs, housing, for sale, services, or personals, or which is in the business of providing classified ad listing services.
SAGA LA permits you to display on your website, or create a hyperlink on your website to, individual postings on the Service so long as such use is for noncommercial and/or news reporting purposes only (e.g., for use in personal web blogs or personal online media). If the total number of such postings displayed or linked to on your website exceeds one hundred (100) postings, your use will be presumed to be in violation of the TOU, absent express permission granted by SAGA LA to do so. You may also create a hyperlink to the home page of SAGA LA sites so long as the link does not portray SAGA LA, its employees, or its affiliates in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter.
SAGA LA offers various parts of the Service in RSS format so that users can embed individual feeds into a personal website or blog, or view postings through third party software news aggregators. SAGA LA permits you to display, excerpt from, and link to the RSS feeds on your personal website or personal web blog, provided that (a) your use of the RSS feed is for personal, non-commercial purposes only, (b) each title is correctly linked back to the original post on the Service and redirects the user to the post when the user clicks on it, (c) you provide, adjacent to the RSS feed, proper attribution to ‘SAGA LA’ as the source, (d) your use or display does not suggest that SAGA LA promotes or endorses any third party causes, ideas, web sites, products or services, (e) you do not redistribute the RSS feed, and (f) your use does not overburden SAGA LA’s systems. SAGA LA reserves all rights in the content of the RSS feeds and may terminate any RSS feed at any time.
Use of the Service beyond the scope of authorized access granted to you by SAGA LA immediately terminates said permission or license. In order to collect, aggregate, copy, duplicate, display or make derivative use of the the Service or any Content made available via the Service for other purposes (including commercial purposes) not stated herein, you must first obtain a license from SAGA LA.
13. TERMINATION OF SERVICE
You agree that SAGA LA, in its sole discretion, has the right (but not the obligation) to delete or deactivate your account, block your email or IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of the Service (or any part thereof), immediately and without notice, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, if SAGA LA believes that you have acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOU. Further, you agree that SAGA LA shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service. Further, you agree not to attempt to use the Service after said termination. Sections 2, 4, 6 and 10-16 shall survive termination of the TOU.
14. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
The Service is protected to the maximum extent permitted by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or through the Service is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws, and international conventions. Any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of the site or the collective work, and/or copying or reproducing the sites or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is prohibited without the express written consent of SAGA LA. You further agree not to reproduce, duplicate or copy Content from the Service without the express written consent of SAGA LA, and agree to abide by any and all copyright notices displayed on the Service. You may not decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Service. SAGA LA is a registered mark in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Although SAGA LA does not claim ownership of content that its users post, by posting Content to any public area of the Service, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to SAGA LA an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute said Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, said Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing. Furthermore, by posting Content to any public area of the Service, you automatically grant SAGA LA all rights necessary to prohibit any subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, or exploitation of the Content on the Service by any party for any purpose.
15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE SAGA LA SITE AND THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SAGA LA SITE AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SAGA LA DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SAGA LA SITE AND THE SERVICE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SAGA LA DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE SAGA LA SITE OR THE SITES OR SERVICE, OR ACCESSED THROUGH ANY LINKS ON THE SAGA LA SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SAGA LA DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SAGA LA SITE OR THE SERVICE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
16. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SAGA LA BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF SAGA LA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE SAGA LA SITE OR THE SERVICE, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF THE SAGA LA SITE OR THE SERVICE, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE SAGA LA SITE OR THE SERVICE, OR THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION, OR TERMINATION OF THE SAGA LA SITE OR THE SERVICE. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SAGA LA SITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE SAGA LA SITE, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SAGA LA SITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE SAGA LA SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold SAGA LA, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your violation of the TOU, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.
18. GENERAL INFORMATION
The TOU constitute the entire agreement between you and SAGA LA and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and SAGA LA. The TOU and the relationship between you and SAGA LA shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and SAGA LA agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Los Angeles, California. The failure of SAGA LA to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOU shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOU is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOU remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOU must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
19. VIOLATION OF TERMS AND LIQUIDATED DAMAGES
Please report any violations of the TOU, by flagging the posting(s) for review, or by emailing to:
Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
You understand and agree that, because damages are often difficult to quantify, if it becomes necessary for SAGA LA to pursue legal action to enforce these Terms, you will be liable to pay SAGA LA the following amounts as liquidated damages, which you accept as reasonable estimates of SAGA LAs’ damages for the specified breaches of these Terms:
a. If you post a message that (1) impersonates any person or entity; (2) falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity; or (3) that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent, you agree to pay SAGA LA one thousand dollars ($1,000) for each such message. This provision does not apply to Content that constitutes lawful non-deceptive parody of public figures.
b. If SAGA LA establishes limits on the frequency with which you may access the Service, or terminates your access to or use of the Service, you agree to pay SAGA LA one hundred dollars ($100) for each message posted in excess of such limits or for each day on which you access SAGA LA in excess of such limits, whichever is higher.
c. If you send unsolicited email advertisements to SAGA LA email addresses or through SAGA LA computer systems, you agree to pay SAGA LA twenty five dollars ($25) for each such email.
d. If you post Content in violation of the TOU, other than as described above, you agree to pay SAGA LA one hundred dollars ($100) for each Item of Content posted. In its sole discretion, SAGA LA may elect to issue a warning before assessing damages.
e. If you are a Posting Agent that uses the Service in violation of the TOU, in addition to any liquidated damages under clause (d), you agree to pay SAGA LA one hundred dollars ($100) for each and every Item you post in violation of the TOU. A Posting Agent will also be deemed an agent of the party engaging the Posting Agent to access the Service (the”Principal”), and the Principal (by engaging the Posting Agent inviolation of the TOU)agrees to pay SAGA LA an additional one hundred dollars ($100) for each Item posted by the Posting Agent on behalf of the Principal in violation of the TOU.
f. If you aggregate, display, copy, duplicate, reproduce, or otherwise exploit for any purpose any Content (except for your own Content) in violation of these Terms without SAGA LA’s express written permission, you agree to pay SAGA LA three thousand dollars ($3,000) for each day on which you engage in such conduct.
Otherwise, you agree to pay SAGA LA’s actual damages, to the extent such actual damages can be reasonably calculated. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, SAGA LA retains the right to seek the remedy of specific performance of any term contained in these Terms, or a preliminary or permanent injunction against the breach of any such term or in aid of the exercise of any power granted in these Terms, or any combination thereof.
Trip Terms and Conditions
SAGA TRIP AND EVENT AND CANCELLATION REFUND POLICY
In applying to participate in an event sponsored by SAGA Ski Club, I have read and agree to the following conditions:
- I understand that SAGA is a private non-profit club organized to coordinate various trips and events for the enjoyment of its members and their guests. Except for special promotions as designated by the SAGA Ski Club Executive Board, non members may not participate in ski trips;
- I understand that there is an annual membership fee, that payment of the fee must be submitted with my annual application for membership, and that annual membership is for 12 months from the date of purchase;
- I understand that all SAGA activities are planned, coordinated, and led by volunteer members of SAGA, and that as a member I am expected to volunteer during the year to help in the conducting of at least one event;
- I understand that SAGA conducts regular meetings from September through May, and that as a member I am expected to attend the meetings and must attend at least one meeting per year;
- I agree to abide by club regulations as outlined in the official SAGA Ski Club By-Laws;
- I agree to the Waiver and Release of Liability on the lower portion of this form and accept this waiver as a condition of participation;
- I agree that signing up for a trip or event is a commitment for full payment for the trip or event, that in the event that a trip is cancelled by me there will be no refunds. If the trip is sold out and your spot is resold, you will receive a refund minus an 8% cancellation fee assessed against me plus any costs incurred by the club (to trip providers or otherwise) as a result of transferring or canceling my space on the trip;
- I understand that refunds are not generally made for non-trip events.
- I understand that trips are generally sold on a shared occupancy basis and all prices are per person. Shared occupancy means that there will be two (2), or more, people per room and persons may be required to share the same bed. It is the member’s responsibility to notify the Club regarding the sharing of condos, rooms, and beds. The Club will attempt to honor requests for condo, room, and bed mates, but can not guarantee requests. The Club has exclusive rights to make condo, room, and bedding assignments.
DISCLOSURES IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE CALIFORNIA SELLER OF TRAVEL
- SAGA Ski Club is a registered California Seller of Travel (CST 209112-40)
- Upon cancellation of the transportation or travel services, where the passenger is not at fault and has not canceled in violation of any terms and conditions previously clearly and conspicuously disclosed and agreed to by the passenger, all sums paid to SAGA Ski Club for services not provided will be promptly paid to the passenger, unless the passenger advises SAGA Ski Club in writing, after cancellation. This provision does not apply where SAGA Ski Club has remitted the payment to another registered wholesale seller of travel or a carrier, without obtaining a refund, and where the wholesaler or provider defaults in providing the agreed-upon transportation or service. In this situation, SAGA Ski Club must provide the passenger with a written statement accompanied by bank records establishing the disbursement of the payment, and if disbursed to a wholesale seller of travel, proof of current registration of that wholesaler.
- This transaction is covered by the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund (TCRF) if the passenger is located in California at the time of payment. Eligible passengers may file a claim with TCRF if the passenger is owed a refund of more than $50 for transportation or travel services which SAGA Ski Club failed to forward to a proper provider or such money was not refunded to you when required. The maximum amount which may be paid by the TCRF to any one passenger is the total amount paid on behalf of the passenger to the seller of travel, not to exceed $15,000. A claim must be submitted to the TCRF within 12 months after the scheduled completion date of the travel. A claim must include sufficient documentation to prove your claim and a $35 processing fee. Claimants must agree to waive their right to other civil remedies against a registered participating seller of travel for matters arising out of a sale for which you file a TCRF claim. You may request a claim form by writing to: Travel Consumer Restitution Corporation, P.O. Box 6001, Larkspur, CA 94977-6001
- If the Passenger(s) purchasing this trip is (are) from outside of California this transaction is not covered by the California Travel Restitution Fund.
CODE OF CONDUCT
SAGA does not tolerate misconduct from any person associated with SAGA trips, events, activities, or dealings.
A member may be disciplined for misconduct of any kind. Disciplinary action may include: a warning, suspension or removal from a SAGA trip, event, or activity, or expulsion from the Club.
- Emotional Misconduct: SAGA does not tolerate emotional misconduct. Emotional misconduct includes any intentional conduct that harms an individual’s spirit and/or self-worth through verbal or written abuse, such as threats, harassment, terrorizing, isolating, or belittling.
- Physical Misconduct: SAGA does not tolerate physical misconduct from any person. Physical misconduct includes any non-accidental contact that results in bodily harm or abuse.
SAGA WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY READ BEFORE SIGNING
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the SAGA Ski Club programs, related events and activities, I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the many of the activities is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- I am also aware of the highly contagious nature of bacterial and viral diseases that include, but are not limited to, the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (commonly referred to as “COVID-19”) (collectively, the “Disease”). I understand the risk that I may be exposed to or contract the Disease by engaging in the event or activity, which may result in serious illness, personal injury, disability, and/or death. I acknowledge that these risks may result from or be compounded by the actions, omissions, or negligence of event attendees or others. I understand that SAGA cannot guarantee that I will not suffer serious injury, disability, death, and/or property damage, or become infected with the Disease, due to my participation in the event or activity and that engaging in the event or activity may increase my risk of contracting the Disease; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SAGA Ski Club, their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
- I hereby certify that I am 21 years of age or older.
- I hereby agree to permit SAGA Los Angeles Board of Directors, Members, and Guests to take photographs and make film and digital records of SAGA meetings, social events, ski/board trips, and campouts without further recourse. I understand and agree that such photographs and/or film and digital records may be used for promotional purposes.